Hey there! This post contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. But it never influences our product selection process.
Damn it, the EcoBoost 3.5 engine wants another refill of oil. But wait, this time you want to change your oil. And one of the reasons might be because your previous oil was harsh on your engine.
Well, we do understand that. And that is why we have searched the far end of the internet to find the best oil for 3.5 EcoBoost engine for you. This way, you won’t have to worry about looking at multiple oils.
Instead, you can sit back and relax. The top-notch ones are within your sight. You can simply go over them and find your preferred one.
Besides, we even added a buying guide. That will show you the things you need to consider and the things you don’t have to consider. Plus, we even answered a few of the popular questions. So, your time here will not be wasted.
Anyway, if you are ready then we can get this show started-
- 1 Quick Summary
- 2 Comparison Table
- 3 8 Best Oil for 3.5 Ecoboost Engine Reviews
- 3.1 01. Castrol 03083 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- 3.2 02. Motorcraft SAE Synthetic Blend Motor Oil
- 3.3 03. Havoline 5W30 High Mileage Synthetic Blend Oil
- 3.4 04. Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- 3.5 05. Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- 3.6 06. Castrol 06440 GTX 5W-30 High Mileage Motor Oil
- 3.7 07. Royal Purple 51530 High Performance Motor Oil
- 3.8 08. Ford MOTORCRAFT Motor Oil
- 4 Buying Guide
- 5 Performance Rating Table
- 6 3.5 EcoBoost Oil Type by Year: Classification of Oil
- 7 How To Change The Oil on 3.5 EcoBoost?
- 8 Any More Questions?
- 9 Final Verdict
- Are you looking for a full synthetic oil at a reasonable budget? Well, look no further. Because the Castrol 03083 Full Synthetic Motor Oil provides that service. Besides that, it also ensures that the engine is well protected.
- On the other hand, if quantity is what you are looking for then go with Motorcraft SAE Synthetic Blend Oil. This oil will ensure plenty of oil for 3.5 EcoBoost engines. Besides, it also provides all the features of blended synthetic oil.
- Moreover, if you want high coverage then you should definitely buy Havoline 5W30 Synthetic Blend. With this oil you can cruise for 75000 miles without the worry of changing oil.
Castrol 03083 Full Synthetic Motor Oil
Motorcraft SAE Synthetic Blend Oil
Havoline 5W30 Synthetic Blend
Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic
Mobil 1 Advanced Synthetic Motor Oil
Castrol 06440 GTX 5W-30 Motor Oil
Royal Purple 51530 High-Performance Oil
Ford MOTORCRAFT Motor Oil
8 Best Oil for 3.5 Ecoboost Engine Reviews
01. Castrol 03083 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- Brand: Castrol
- Model: 03083
- Package Design: Jug
- Viscosity: 5w-20
- Vehicle Service Type: Car
- Liquid Volume: 5 Quarts
- Style: Advanced Full Synthetic
At the very beginning of our list, we have the Castrol 03083 Full Synthetic Motor Oil. Now, this might be our number one but here’s the catch. You might not be interested in this oil at all. But the only way to find out is by exploring.
Well, you should note that this is a full synthetic oil. Now, we know that you might be terrified of asking for the price. That’s because full synthetic oils do tend to be a bit too pricey.
However, they are quite budget-friendly compared to all the other synthetic oils on the list. Apart from that, this oil offers quite a wide range of variety in terms of both size and type of oil.
So, you don’t have to go with full synthetic oil that comes in the size of 5 quarts. You can switch up your preference and buy the one that you need. However, we do recommend this particular oil for the EcoBoost 3.5 engines.
That is because this oil provides better chemical stability. Thus, even if you cruise on your truck under extreme conditions this oil will not leave you high and dry.
Apart from that, this oil ensures that the metal-to-metal contact is as less as possible for different driving speeds. Thus your engine stays in optimum condition.
- This oil reduces engine deposit formation. Thus the engine response is maximizes.
- Lowers metal to metal contact. Hence the engine doesn’t wear oil.
- The oil is stable. So, there won’t be any abrupt chemical changes.
- You get the full advantage of full synthetic oil. But it is still budget-friendly.
- The oil can get a bit dirty when it isn’t changed too often. So, you might see dark oil while changing it.
02. Motorcraft SAE Synthetic Blend Motor Oil
- Brand: Motorcraft
- Model Number: 5864269008
- Item Weight: 23.9 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 11 x 9 inches
- Package-Type: Bottle
- Viscosity: 5w-30
- Liquid Volume: 12 Quarts
As the runner-up, we have the Motorcraft SAE Synthetic Blend Oil. Now, unlike the previous one, this oil is a blended version of synthetic oil. That means it is not like the traditional oils. This one is also a great choice for EcoBoost 3.5.
Now, this oil is the best oil for 2020 3.5 EcoBoost because it provides viscosity of 5W-30. You see, the latest version of EcoBoost engines does tend to go for oil with this level of viscosity.
Besides, this oil provides much better wear protection than the previous one. And that is because this oil is a blend of synthetic oil. Apart from that, it is more resistant to higher temperatures.
Thus, it makes a good pair for the trucks who want to go on a road trip where extreme road conditions may be involved.
- The amount of this oil is a lot. So, you will have more than enough for your EcoBoost 3.5 engine.
- This oil can handle high temperatures. So, it won’t evaporate when the engine is running hot.
- It provides great wear protection. Thus, your engine won’t damage over time.
- It doesn’t have a handle on the package. Thus, it is tricky to refill the oil.
03. Havoline 5W30 High Mileage Synthetic Blend Oil
- Brand: HAVOLINE
- Model: 223681474
- Item Weight: 9.68 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 7.97 x 4.48 x 12.75 inches
- Viscosity: 5W-30
- Liquid Volume: 1.25 Gallons
In third place, we have the Havoline 5W-30 High Mileage Synthetic Blend. This oil is the best oil for high mileage 3.5 EcoBoost. So, if you were looking for another option for synthetic blend then this might be the one.
Well, one of the many features that this oil offers is low oil consumption. That means it will not swallow down a lot of oil and your 3.5 EcoBoost will be able to use the oil more efficiently.
Plus, this oil doesn’t let the engine wear out too easily. So, your EcoBoost will be in good condition. And it will last longer.
- It doesn’t let the engine wear out. Thus, it lasts long.
- Uses the oil efficiently. So, you won’t be wasting oil.
- It has extra cleansing agents. Which can help maintain engine performance and cleanliness.
- Resistance to oxidation. So the engine isn’t damaged.
- It comes in a red packet. That one is not synthetic oil so it might not work on your engine.
04. Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- Brand: Valvoline
- Model: 787023
- Item Weight: 0.01 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 8.22 x 4.6 x 12.66 inches
- Viscosity: 5w-20
- Liquid Volume: 5 Quarts
Next up, we have the Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic. This is another great choice if you want full synthetic oil. But what does it offer?
Well, this oil protects superior sludge protection. This means that your engine will be clean. And that will be all thanks to this oil.
Plus, this oil goes well with 3.5 EcoBoost engines because it can handle high temperatures. That’s not all. This oil can also survive harsh driving conditions. So, you can take your truck out on drives without worrying about the oil.
Moreover, the oil is formulated in such a way that it provides classification protecting engines from LSPI (Low-Speed Pre-Ignition).
- Offers sludge protection. Thus, your engine will be clean.
- It can handle high temperatures. Thus, oil won’t evaporate easily.
- Provides protection from LSPI. Hence the turbo engine won’t get damaged.
- It is a bit pricey as it is a full synthetic oil. So, it might be out of your budget.
05. Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- Brand: Mobil 1
- Model: 120764
- Package Design: Bottle
- Viscosity: 5w-30
- Vehicle Service Type: Car
- Oil Type: Full Synthetic
- Flash Point: 230 Degrees Celsius
Furthermore, we have Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil. This is another synthetic oil that we have to offer you. Now, if for some reason you didn’t go with the other synthetic il then this one might change your mind.
So, one reason to stick with this oil is that it helps extend engine life. It does so by stopping deposits and sludge buildup.
Moreover, it meets ILSAC GF-6 standards. That means this oil is capable of providing LSPI protection. Thus, the engine will not wear down with time. And it will be clean. Plus the fuel economy will be optimum as well.
- Prove LSPI protection. Thus the turbo engine will be in great condition.
- Doesn’t allow any deposits to build up. Thus, the engine life is extended.
- It optimizes fuel economy. Thus fuel is efficiently used.
- It doesn’t last a long time. You will have to change the oil after 6 months.
06. Castrol 06440 GTX 5W-30 High Mileage Motor Oil
- Brand: Castrol
- Model: 06440
- Item Weight: 1.99 pounds
- Package-Type: Bottle
- Viscosity: 5w-30
- Liquid Volume: 1 Quart
- Style: High Mileage
Another oil that we have for today is the Castrol 06440 GTX 5W-30 Motor Oil. This oil is the best oil for 2018 3.5 EcoBoost or models close to that range. This is because the viscosity rating of this oil is 5W-30.
You see, the latest version of EcoBoost engines do prefer that oil. Other than that, it provides great detergency. That means the oil doesn’t allow deposits to build up.
Plus, the packaging is done quite nicely. Hence you won’t face any leakage. Thus, oil won’t be wasted.
Moreover, the right additives are present. Hence your engine won’t wear out so easily.
- Doesn’t lead to any leaks. So, the oil won’t be wasted.
- Contains additives. So, the engine will perform well.
- Provides great detergency. Hence there won’t be any deposits building up.
- The oil might leak if you cut open the box. You will have to slowly unravel the package by using your hands.
07. Royal Purple 51530 High Performance Motor Oil
- Brand: Royal Purple
- Model: 51530
- Model Number: ROY51530
- Item Weight: 8 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 8.25 x 5 x 8.5 inches
- Viscosity: 5w-30
- Oil Type: Synthetic Oil
- Liquid Volume: 160 Fluid Ounces
Moving on, we have the Royal Purple 51530 High-Performance Oil. This is indeed a high-performance oil because it has so much to offer.
For instance, it ensures corrosion protection. Thus, your engine will not corrode over time and will be in optimal condition to serve your vehicle.
Plus, this is a great oil for f150 EcoBoost because it provides better protection for vehicle exhaust emissions equipment. Thus, your engine stays in optimum condition for a longer period of time.
Besides that, it also provides protection against LSPI. Thus, your turbocharged engines will not be damaged because of this oil.
Looking for more? Check out our Royal Purple high performance synthetic motor oil review
- Provides protection against corrosion. So, the engine won’t corrode over time.
- It provides protection for the vehicle exhaustion equipment. Thus, the engine stays in top-notch quality.
- Provides protection from LSPI. Thus, the turbo engine doesn’t get damaged.
- The engine can become a bit noisy after using this oil. However, that is a subjective opinion.
08. Ford MOTORCRAFT Motor Oil
- Brand: Ford
- Model: XO-5W20-5Q3SP
- Package Design: Jug
- Viscosity: 5w-20
- Liquid Volume: 1.25 Quart
Lastly, we have the Ford MOTORCRAFT Motor Oil. This oil might not be the best oil for 2015 f150 3.5 EcoBoost but it is still a great option for the older versions.
That is because this oil has a viscosity level of 5W-20. Thus, it works great on engine models like 2007 or 2004 models.
Besides, it is a synthetic blend. Hence, you can rest assured that your engine will wear out with time.
In fact, the quality of this oil is pretty great. It won’t hamper the conditions of your engine. Instead, it will preserve the engine for you.
- It is a synthetic blend. Thus, the engine won’t wear out.
- Has a viscosity level of 5W-20. So, it will work on older versions of EcoBoost.
- The quality of this oil is great. It won’t hamper your engine performance.
- It might leak if you apply too much pressure on the package. Thus, you need to be careful when you use this.
Making a choice can be a hard task. Especially when you have to consider the engine’s life. Besides, every other engine has specific requirements. And your 3.5 EcoBoost is no alternative.
Hence, you have to be aware of the features that need to be present in your purchased oil. Otherwise, your engine might suffer heavy casualties. And no one wants that to happen, now do they?
So, come with us as we go over the things that must be present in the best oil for 3.5 liter EcoBoost–
You may also like: Best oil for cummins 6.7 reviews
The Right Oil Type:
When you will be looking for oil for your 3.5 EcoBoost you will see a lot of oils. They are all of the different types. Some are conventional. And the other ones are synthetic. While the rest are a blend of both conventional and synthetics.
But what type of oil for 3.5 EcoBoost is the best?
Well, here’s the thing. The older versions of engines could support conventional oils. But the newer version can’t. So, if you have the latest 3.5 EcoBoost engines then you should stick to either synthetic or blends.
In other words, the best oil for 2019 3.5 EcoBoost might not be the right choice for the 2014 3.5 EcoBoost. However, the only way to be sure about the right type of oil is to simply look at the recommendation for each engine.
Secondly, do take the viscosity into account. Each oil tends to have a different viscosity level. And the 3.5 EcoBoost engines don’t have a high requirement for viscosity.
That means low viscosity oils work with this type of engine. But we recommend you to stick from 5W-20 to 5W-30 ratings. They are proven to be the right pair for the 3.5 EcoBoost engines.
High Temperatures and Pressure resistance:
Another fundamental property of oil is its chemical stability. This determines how stable the chemical actually is when it is under intense pressure. And that is a crucial factor to consider.
This is because if the oil isn’t stable it will erupt under high pressure or temperatures. And that is something the oil will be asked to combat when it is deep inside the 3.5 EcoBoost engine.
So, do ensure that your oil can avoid wear, breakdown, and oxidation. That is pretty important.
The Presence of Additives:
Lastly, consider the presence of additives in your oil. Now, you might think that additives are bad because they don’t let the oil be in its natural state. But that is actually a misconception.
The additives are present to enhance the performance of the oil. However, they need to be present in small doses. Otherwise, they might cause more damage than good.
At the same time, it is also important to know which additives are added. Some of the additives are present for better performance while others are simply a cause of distress.
You may also like: Top 8 Best Oil for 5.4 Triton Reviews
Performance Rating Table
|Product||Viscosity Rating||Wear Protection||Temperature tolerance||Mileage Coverage|
|Castrol 03083 Full Synthetic Motor Oil||8||9.9||9.5||9|
|Motorcraft SAE Synthetic Blend Oil||9||9.8||9.5||9|
|Havoline 5W30 Synthetic Blend||9||9.7||9||9.9|
|Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic||9||9.6||9||8.5|
|Mobil 1 Advanced Synthetic Motor Oil||9||9.5||8.5||8.5|
|Castrol 06440 GTX 5W-30 Motor Oil||9||9.5||9.9||8|
|Royal Purple 51530 High-Performance Oil||9||8||8.5||8|
|Ford MOTORCRAFT Motor Oil||8||8||8||7|
3.5 EcoBoost Oil Type by Year: Classification of Oil
You might have heard about the 3.5 EcoBoost having different years besides their names. That indicates the year they are manufactured. And on the basis of that their oil requirements tend to change.
By that, we mean only their required viscosity level changes. But it is still important to know what your engine wants and what it can handle.
Now, we will be providing a general idea about what your engine might be suitable with. However, the best way to be sure is by looking at the cover of the oil fill cap. The oil requirements for your engine tend to be written there.
2004 to 2014 3.5 EcoBoost Engine Oil Requirements:
So, if your 3.5 EcoBoost engine is anywhere between 2004 to 2014 then you need to stick with oil that has a viscosity of 5W-20. Most of the EcoBoost works great with oil that has such viscosity level.
Latest Model of 3.5 EcoBoost Engine Oil Requirements:
On the other hand, if you own the latest model of the 3.5 EcoBoost then you should opt for oil that has a viscosity rating of 5W-30. Now, this is a bit higher than the previous ones.
This is because the latest versions of the 3.5 EcoBoost engines require heavier oil. Plus, work better with a little higher viscosity.
Thus, the latest engines require a higher viscosity. For instance, the 2019 f150 3.5 EcoBoost oil type is 5W-30.
Find out 3.5L Ecoboost Specs and Information.
How To Change The Oil on 3.5 EcoBoost?
After purchasing the oil you might be curious to know how to change the oil. Well, let us help you with that too. Here are some of the simple steps you need to follow:
Step 1: Prep The Car
Firstly, you need to ensure that the car is ready for the oil change. For that, take the car out on a little drive. And then turn the engines off.
Step 2: Empty the Oil
Before putting in extra oil you need to empty the existing one. To do that, you have to remove the oil fill cap and also remove the wheel dipstick. Most of the oil will flow out on its own.
Step 3: Insert A New Oil Filter
Once the oil is drained, lift the front side of the vehicle. For that, use a vehicle jack or ramps. Then go under the car and remove the lock from the underbody shield.
Later on, take the underbody shield off. After that, set the oil drain pan under the filer and use a ratchet to rotate the filter. But be careful because the oil will be hot.
After the filter is removed the remaining oil will drain out. Then you can take off the gasket and clean the surface. Later on, you can insert a new filter
Step 4: Fill Oil Into The Tank
Next, you need to put the oil drain under the oil pan and remove the oil pan cap. To do this use a ratchet. After that, empty the oil pan and clean the surface.
Next, insert the cap and rotate it using your hand. Then attach the underbody shield and lift up the truck. Once that’s done refill the oil and put the oil fill cap back on.
Step 5: Start The Engine again
Lastly, start the engine again. This will ensure that the oil flows properly within the engine.
Any More Questions?
How much oil should I use for EcoBoost 3.5 engines?
Most of the EcoBoost 3.5 requires 6 quarts of oil. However, others require 5.67 liters of oil. That is close but you might get a spill if you tend to go overboard.
What happens if I use oil with low viscosity on 3.5 EcoBoost?
The 3.5 EcoBoost needs a low viscosity oil. But using one might cause the oil to vaporize faster under high temperatures.
How often should you change the oil in 3.5 EcoBoost?
Oil for EcoBoost 3.5 engines needs to be changed every 30,00 miles. Otherwise, you will run out of oil.
Should I be worried about my 3.5 EcoBoost being hard on oil?
The EcoBoost 3.5 engines do tend to put the oil under a lot of stress. That is why it is recommended for drivers to not push past the maximum oil change interval.
Well, that sums up our guide for the best oil for 3.5 EcoBoost. By now, we hope you have found the right oil to go with your version of the engine. But if you are still confused then we suggest your stick to our top pick.
It is the number one product for a reason. So, do go with our judgment and we promise you won’t regret it. Anyway, we have rambled on for ages. It is time to say goodbye. Take care and adios!
OUR #1 RECOMMENDATION
Castrol 03083 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
We highly recommend going with Castrol Edge 5W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil. This oil provides all the benefits of full synthetic oil at a very reasonable price
Plus, the engine will not wear out because this oil is capable of providing strong protection. It won’t even let the engine corrode over time.
- RAV4 Prime Heating Problems: 5 Reasons and Solutions! - September 5, 2022
- 3 Ways on How to Open RAV4 Trunk With Dead Battery! - September 4, 2022
- Buzzing Sound Under Car When Off – All Reasons And Solutions! - September 4, 2022