The Honda CR-V is a popular SUV. The company is exploiting that popularity to limit the navigation options to the more expensive trims.
However, don’t lose hope just because of that. There still remain a few easy ways to circumvent that problem.
So, can you add navigation to Honda CRV?
Yes, you can add navigation to Honda CRV. There are two ways to add navigation to your Honda CRV. One way to add navigation to your Honda would be to buy an aftermarket navigation system. Another way would be to use Android Auto or Apple Carplay to use your phone’s GPS. Read more on it below.
I won’t delay going into the article any further. Let’s first find out if the Honda CRV already has a navigation system.
- 1 Does Honda CR-V Have Navigation System?
- 2 How to Add Navigation to Honda CRV?
- 3 How to Set Up The Navigation System in the Honda CRV?
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 5 Conclusion
As a SUV, you may think of going out on road trips with Honda CRV. Thus, the navigation system is important. Here’s someone out on a road trip with Honda CRV!
Technically, The Honda CR-V does have its own navigation system. But, it’s only available on only 1 out of the 5 trims they released.
The only trim the prodigal Honda navigation system is available on, is the touring trim. That also happens to be very costly. The name of the navigation system is Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System.
Navigation systems are considered essential for all vehicles nowadays for the convenience they offer. Otherwise, instead of your windows rolling down automatically, you’ll have to worry about the destination.
Fortunately, there is a way to get navigation on most of the trims without spending much money.
There’s a high chance you don’t already have the proprietary navigation system on your trim. However, don’t worry, in that case, I have some ways to add navigation to the Honda CR-V. They are listed down below.
Let’s first get the LX Trim out of the way. It is the cheapest trim of the bunch. Cheap to the point Honda does not even include Android Auto or Apple Carplay with it. That makes my workaround for it very ineffective.
So, the only way you can add navigation to it is through retrofitting an aftermarket navigation system. Though Honda GPS installation in this way is very expensive to do so.
Your best bet is to buy the navigation system and have it set up at your mechanics’. Here are some of the best aftermarket navigation systems I can recommend-
|Product Name||Where To Buy|
|Garmin DriveSmart 65||Check the Price on Amazon|
|SizxNanv for CRV Android 10||Check the Price on Amazon|
That’s it for the LX Trim. The workaround for the three other trims is given below.
By the rest of the trims I meant the three trims left in the mix. You may check the best trim levels for your Honda CR-V that can support the navigation system. These trims are Special Edition, EX, and EX-L.
All these trims share a feature in common. The feature is Android Auto and Apple CarPlay Integration. My workaround actually utilizes these two features.
The workaround I have is not really a Honda CR-V navigation upgrade. But it is a cheap way to add navigation to your car.
It is basically using google maps for navigation. That is because the Android auto and Apple CarPlay integrations allow its use. Here’s how to do it in a few easy steps-
Android Auto. These are the steps you’ll need to take to set up Android Auto on your Honda CR-V:
- Firstly, Install the Android Auto application on your device. Don’t forget to allow all the permissions it needs to function properly.
- Then, use a USB cable to connect your device to the car. The connection point is right above the gearbox.
- Then all you have to do is turn on the application on your phone.
And that’s it! You should now see the android auto icon on your Hondas display. Google Maps should be right there for you to use.
Apple CarPlay. These are the steps you’ll need to take to set up Apple CarPlay on your Honda CR-V.
- Similarly to the Android auto, install the Apple Carplay on your iOS device. Allow the permissions it needs to function properly.
- Then, connect your iDevice to the car using a USB cable.
- Launch the app on your device and then allow it to connect to your Honda CRV. The CarPlay icon should be there now. Now launch the maps and you have navigation.
Now, you have navigation in every trim of the Honda CR-V. If you want a standalone navigation system, you could always get aftermarket navigation systems.
Now, I will explain how to actually use the proprietary navigation system in the touring trim.
The only Honda CRV that has the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System is the Touring trim. It also happens to be the most expensive trim of the bunch.
Here’s how you can easily access navigation in your Honda CRV-
- Turn your car on to access the navigation.
- Firstly, you have to press the ‘Navigation’ icon.
- Then, Press on ‘Where to’ when it pops up.
- You want to now press on the ‘Address’ prompt.
- Now what you have to do is enter the zip code of where you want to go.
- Then you’ll be prompted to enter the house number of your location.
- It’s time to now type in the street name. But it won’t take long since the system autofill should kick in soon enough.
- Finally, select the address that comes up based on the information you’ve typed in.
Now all you have to do is follow the visual instructions from your navigation system. Pretty easy right? As for how fast you’ll get there, it really depends on how fast your Honda CRV is.
The instructions are pretty generic because all the navigation systems use the same, generic UI.
That’s about it for adding the navigation system to the Honda CR-V. Now, I’ll answer some frequently asked questions before concluding the article.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, you can easily add navigation to the Honda CR-V 2020. You can do it through android/apple integrations or an aftermarket navigation system.
Unfortunately, no. Usually, the more expensive trims of the Honda CR-V have communication. I.e., Only the Honda CR-V Touring Trim has a navigation system in 2022.
Yes, HondaLink is worth the money. The reason I say that is because of the security and the features it offers. It adds a lot to convenience as well.
Yes, the built-in navigation is absolutely worth it. That is because the built-in navigation system of a car is very good. Especially if you compare it to the GPS of your phone.
Yes, the Honda CR-V 2015 Touring trim already comes with a navigation system. You could also opt to add it via a third party to the other trims as well.
Many consumers suffer from the confusion of whether can you add navigation to Honda CRV? I hope this article could answer that question for you.
So, have you used navigation on your Honda CRV yet? Let me know by commenting below.
Well then, Till next time!
- RAV4 Prime Heating Problems: 5 Reasons and Solutions! - September 5, 2022
- 3 Ways on How to Open RAV4 Trunk With Dead Battery! - September 4, 2022
- Buzzing Sound Under Car When Off – All Reasons And Solutions! - September 4, 2022