Hey there! This post contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. But it never influences our product selection process.
Engine oil is the lubricant that is required for the engine’s lubrication system to function correctly. Engine oil brands differ from one another in terms of viscosity grades and additive formulation, which distinguishes them from one another. Among them, Mobil Delvac and Shell Rotella engine oil is top-rated, but they are also highly different. There are various points of contention between delvac vs rotella in terms of engine longevity and reliability. So it’s crucial to figure out the differences between them before you start using them.
This extensive comparison of the two types of engine oil will make it easier for you to decide which one to use in your vehicle. We’ll try to provide an extensive comparison between delvac and rotella below and potential advantages.
- 1 Mobil Delvac vs Shell Rotella Comparison Chart:
- 2 What is Mobil Delvac?
- 3 Mobil Delvac Oil Overview
- 4 Advantages of Mobil delvac:
- 5 Customer Say about Mobil Delvac:
- 6 What is Shell Rotella?
- 7 Shell Rotella Oil Overview
- 8 Advantages of Shell Rotella:
- 9 Customer Say about Shell Rotella
- 10 Any More Questions?
Mobil Delvac vs Shell Rotella Comparison Chart:
Mobil Delvac is a brand of engine oil and maintenance items dedicated exclusively to diesel engines’ needs. Shell Rotella, on the other hand, manufactures both gasoline and diesel engines. Below is the comparison chart:
Mobil Delvac Oil
Shell Rotella Oil
Pour Point -33 Degrees C
Pour Point -37 Degrees C
5W-30, 5W-40, 10W-30, 15W-40
5W-40, 10W-30, 15W-40
Viscosity cSt 40c-107.4
Viscosity cSt 40c-111.2
Conventional and Synthetic Blend
Density at 15.C-0.872
Density at 15.C-0.866
128 and 640 Fluid Ounces
128 Fluid Ounces
What is Mobil Delvac?
For many years, Mobil Delvac engine oil has been a synthetic motor oil technology pioneer, making significant advances along the way. As a result, the company is currently a leader in synthetic oil. The oil reduces slop and silt in the engine by utilizing cutting-edge technology and providing anti-wear and anti-scuff engine control.
It works in several parts of the engine to minimize friction and improve the overall efficiency. The use of Mobil delvac will ensure that your engine runs more smoothly and efficiently. It also preserves oil from thickening and degrading due to heat and friction to reduce the number of oil changes.
Mobil Delvac Oil Overview
Mobil Delvac is the engine oil brand of Mobil that is designed for heavy-duty diesel automobiles. It protects and cleans the engine. In addition, mobil delvac 15w40 synthetic oil has high-temperature protection, which is particularly useful for heavy-duty truck engines. It fits the OEM standards for various manufacturers, including some not included on other oil brands’ lists.
- Label Types: Mobil Delvac 1™ LE 5W-30, 5W-40, SHC 5W-40, XHP Ultra LE 5W-30, XHP ESP 10W-40, XHP Extra 10W-40;
- Package Volume: 128 oz and 640 oz gallon;
- Accommodates: Low sulphur, low ash and low phosphorus oils;
- Meets: OEM and Thermal-Oxidation Engine Oil Simulation Test (TEOST) requirements.
Advantages of Mobil delvac:
- Reduced fuel intake;
- Improve the engine performance through deposit prevention;
- The engine runs smoothly for an extended period;
- The biofuel parts keep the engine clean and safe;
- Fewer oil shifts and fewer oil disposals;
- Excellent engine lubrication and protection against wear;
- Superior engine lubrication and protection against wear;
- Aspects of system persistence and performance;
- The price is quite reasonable.
Customer Say about Mobil Delvac:
Mobil Delvac is preferable among truck drivers because of its high temperature and high TBN, which allows it to handle soot more effectively. In terms of quality, all the users agree that Delvac is the most excellent grade of oil that may be discovered without crossing the line into synthetic status. Let’s know more about what the Delvac user says.
What is Shell Rotella?
Royal Dutch Shell manufactures the Shell Rotella brand of heavy-duty engine lubricants. Engine oils, gear oils, and coolants are all part of the series. This engine oil is an advanced additive mix that provides your diesel engine with the next level of protection.
Rotella oil comes in two qualities: one made from petroleum by-products and the other from synthetic materials. Rotella oils are API CJ-4 and SM-compliant; therefore, they can be used in gasoline and diesel engines, depending on the model. The new Shell Rotella T series six formula delivers “Triple Protection,” which means it increases engine wear, soot control, and cleanliness.
Shell Rotella Oil Overview
Shell Rotella Triple Protection is compatible with a broad range of heavy-duty engines, including high-performance automobiles and diesel pickup trucks. Numerous leading motor and engine manufacturers have validated the well-balanced standards for shell rotella 40 oil equivalent.
- SAE Classifications: 5W-40, 10W-30, and 15W-40
- Label: Shell Rotella T4 ,T5 and T6;
- Package Volume: 1 US Gallon (3.78 L);
- Meet: Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) Requirements;
- Formulation: Synthetic Blends and Complete Synthesis.
Advantages of Shell Rotella:
- Increases engine life and pollution control system dependability;
- Temperature and stress resistance;
- Suitable for most heavy-duty diesel applications;
- It also works with some motorcycle types;
- It has a greater resistance to sludge and deposit build-up;
- Cleaner filter and engine during oil drain;
- It contains very little carbon, arsenic, or sulphur.
Customer Say about Shell Rotella
Shell Rotella can be found on every shelf of car parts stores worldwide. Not only do they sell physically, but the bulk of their products, notably the T series diesel fuels, are also sold online. Amazon customers remark Rotella as a rapid improver of their vehicle performance. The majority of them appreciate its latest T6 synthetic composition, which gives their engine rapid protection.
Any More Questions?
Is mobil delvac 15w40 synthetic?
Mobil Delvac has launched a new line of commercial engine oils, including a 15w 40 formulation. Because it is synthetic oil, it immediately protects your engine from dangerous pollutants. Thus, you may be sure that 15w40 is synthetic by understanding that only synthetic oil can do this type of function.
Is Delvac 15w40 a good oil?
Yes, Mobil Delvac is the best engine oil because it is designed to protect materials against soot and other impurities, increasing the life of engines in all kinds of heavy commercial trucks.
Which is better Rotella T5 or T6?
Choosing a Rotella lubricant depends on your requirement. T5 is a synthetic combination that is engineered to save money on gas and give longer drain times. While T6 is all synthetic, that can help you get more mileage out of your car, as far as I can tell.
Is shell rotella t4 synthetic?
Shell Rotella is a 100% synthetic oil that outperforms conventional oil. Conventional oils build sludge which limits the performance and longevity of your engine. On the other hand, Synthetic oil contains fewer contaminants and resists the formation of sludge and deposits.
We hope we can create a clear comparison between delvac vs rotella engine oil to figure out which one will give the most protection for your truck’s engine. To summarize, both oils excel in their respective tracks, maximizing diesel engine performance while reducing wear. However, if you want to keep your truck’s engine running for years to come, make sure you use the best diesel oil available.
- Is The Jeep Cherokee Frame or Unibody? Briefly Answered! - November 10, 2022
- Are Titan Wheel Spacers Good?: All You Need To Know! - November 9, 2022
- FCW Off Jeep: Is It Important for Your Car? - November 9, 2022