Hey there! This post contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. But it never influences our product selection process.
When your Ford Focus experiences an intermittent problem on the road that you are unable to resolve, it serves as a reminder that you should change the oil as soon as possible. This 2016 Ford Focus oil change guide will assist you in providing all essential information that can contribute to the smooth operation of your ford on the road. Ford Focus 2016 oil change reset can improve engine efficiency, decrease oil consumption, and lessen maintenance costs.
Regular oil changes can help avoid the occurrence of such problems. This article will cover every aspect of your 2016 ford focus engine oil, including two different types of oils, 2016 ford focus oil change interval for various driving circumstances, and a step-by-step oil changing guideline.
2016 Focus ST Oil Type
The Ford Focus ST consumes 5.7 quarts of oil for the majority of the year. Synthetic motor oil is ideal for today’s high-tech, high-efficiency Ford Focus type of engines with better viscosity. Besides 2016 ford escape oil type also demands synthetic oil standards.
The maintenance part of the Owners manual states that Ford Focus vehicle’s motor oil must meet or exceed Ford standard requirements WSS-M2C945-A and WSS-M2C930. The 2016 Ford Focus requires synthetic SAE 5W-20 oil, especially for a cooler climate.
We advise using only API SN service category oil if the label additionally contains the API certification mark. The International Lubricants Specification Advisory Council’s present motor, emissions control, and fuel efficiency performance measures are shown by this symbol (ILSAC). Synthetic oil is preferred over conventional oil due to its additional benefits, especially for the 2016 focus st.
Best Oil for Ford Focus
The ford focus oil must meet the original regardless of brand. Ford Focus utilizes a 5W-20 full synthetic oil. Despite the manufacturer’s recommendation for Ford Motorcraft Genuine Premium Synthetic Blend Motor Oil, we discovered that Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil is the best value on the market after doing a market analysis. It has all the features of this model at a reduced cost. For complete oil changes, you’ll need a 5-quart gallon.
01. Motorcraft SAE 5W 30 – Ford Recommended Engine Oil
- Brand: Ford;
- Oil Viscosity: 5W – 30;
- Model number: XO-5W30-QSP;
- Certified: API for ILSAC GF-5;
- Meets WSS-M2C946-B1, SN PLUS and API SN;
- Available Weight: 1 quart(32 Fluid Ounces) and 5 quarts (160 Fluid Ounces).
Ford suggests the standard Motorcraft SAE 5W 30 synthetic blend motor oil for its splendid performance. It meets 2016 ford’s focus oil capacity to prevent sludge build-up in the engine. Especially, this clean and effective oil allows your engine to function well in hotter temperatures.
The performance of this oil is superior to other typical 10 W 30 oils. Beyond that, it conserves energy and lowers the consumption of gasoline. Jet fuel and gasoline are produced through hydro-processing, in which crude oil is distilled and fractionated. One half serves as the base, while the other serves as the additives formula for protection parts.
- Allows no rust or corrosion to develop;
- Excellent protection due to its high viscosity;
- Conforms to the Ford Motor Company’s specifications;
- Approved by API & ILSAC;
- Friction-reducing features protect against wear.
- Blend of synthetic materials;
- Prices that are competitive online and offline.
02. Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic SAE 5w-30 Motor Oil
- Brand: Valvoline;
- Oil Viscosity: 5W – 30;
- Model number: 787007;
- Protection: Anti-wear additives protect 40% more;
- Meets: the API SP classification;
- Available Weight: 1 quart(32 Fluid Ounces) and 5 quarts (160 Fluid Ounces).
This synthetic oil provides superior performance and protection to Ford Focus. It contains a special formula that improves and protects the performance of your engine. The composition of focus st oil weight is so light that it runs the engine smoothly.
Valvoline offers engine protection for over 150,000 miles with correct use. It also ensures a rapid and smooth engine response in any weather conditions, high and low. It’ll also help you conserve petrol. The oil’s chemical composition includes additives to satisfy your engine’s needs.
- Ensures a smooth start in chilly weather;
- Hardening or shrinking seals are reconditioned;
- Increases the number of miles covered;
- Eliminates the accumulation of sludge and deposit;
- Prevents damage to moving parts by lubricating them.
- The bottle’s cap is delicate and should be handled with care;
- More costly than its conventional competitors.
2016 Ford Focus Oil Check
Today’s 2016 Ford Fusion oil capacity can last between 9,500-17,000 km before needing to be replaced. Between now and then, here are some actions to help you better understand how to check your Ford Focus oil.
- Open your Ford’s hood and look for a dipstick with an orange or yellow handle;
- Lever the holster;
- Wipe the extra oil off your dipstick and re-holster it. This will improve your reading;
- When oil collects on your dipstick, pull it back out;
- Your dipstick’s handle contains grooves that operate as a gauge;
- The rule of thumb is to change your oil if it is less than halfway down your dipstick.
2016 Ford Focus Oil Change – Step By Step
You can perform an oil change by yourself by following the below steps. Draining the engine oil, changing the filter, and re-filling the tank are all necessary steps in the process.
- Bring gloves, funnel, T30 Torx bit with ratchet, 15-millimetre socket with ratchet, filter pliers, 5-quart fresh oil.
- Remove the bottom panel’s screw using the T30 Torx bit. On both sides, there is a screw.
- Park on level terrain. Underneath the drain pan, ratchet the 15-millimetre socket. Seek out the drain pan. Remove the pan from the bolt and disconnect it using the socket.
- Working under the car with a bit of rachet will be challenging. A long breaker bar will provide you with a mechanical edge in this instance. And the bolt will be easy. Wait for the oil to drain. Replace the bolt carefully without over-tightening it.
- Put the oil drain pan beneath the oil filter. The oil filter is next to the pan. Filter pliers or manually loosen the filter. Soluble oil begins to flow. Dispose of the old filter. Tighten the filter using your hand, but don’t overtighten.
- Look for the oil cap sign under the hood. Fill the engine with 3 quarts of oil with a funnel. Add 1½ quart extra if necessary after this.
- Return the automobile to the ground. Then leave a few minutes for the oil to settle before continuing. Now use the dipstick to determine the oil level is in the center or not.
- You have now finished your 2016 ford focus oil change procedure.
How Much Oil Does a Ford Focus Take
Oil change intervals vary depending on engine age, driving habits, etc. How many quarts of oil does a ford focus take mainly depends on engine power and fuel consumption. Ford Focus manufacturers recommend changing the oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles in normal conditions. When it’s time for an oil change, your car will let you know with an alert on the display unit.
In hot conditions, using API Certified for Gasoline Engines oil, a 3000-mile oil change interval is recommended. On the other hand, the oil change interval is 1800 miles in the lack of API SM or SN oils. The following chart is given for your better understanding:
|Engine||Oil Type||Oil Capacity|
|2.0L 4-cyl Engine||4.5 quarts (4.3 litres)||2007 ford focus oil capacity is 5W-20|
|2.0L 4-cyl Engine||4.5 quarts (4.3 litres)||2013 ford focus st oil capacity is 5W-20|
|1.0L 3-cyl Engine||4.9 quarts (4.6 litres)||2014 focus st oil capacity is 5W-20|
|2.0L 4 -cyl Engine||5.7 quarts (5.4 litres)||2016 ford focus oil capacity is 5W-30|
How to Reset 2016 Ford Focus Oil Light
First, turn the key in the ignition while the car is off for the 2016 ford focus oil light reset. Simultaneously depress the brake and accelerator pedals. Within 2-3 seconds, the notice “service oil – reset in progress” appears. Once “service oil – reset entirely” appears on the screen, hold for 20-25 seconds.
Once the engine is off and the brake pedal is not being used, press the start button once. Hold down both pedals until “service oil – reset complete” shows on the dash. Continue to do so. For the 2016 ford escape oil reset, simply follow the steps above.
2016 Ford Focus Oil Filter
The oil filter is vital in lubricating your Ford Focus engine. Finding the right oil filter for Ford’s focus is critical to its longevity. As oil filters are brand or model-specific, Fram filters are a good replacement option for your ford focus due to their performance and pricing.
Another highly recommended oil filter for ford focus is Motorcraft that prevents abrasive particles from entering your engine oil and causing premature wear. Both oil filters are meant to last 5000 miles and are made of dense material with similar qualities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below you’ll find answers to questions we get asked the most about the 2016 ford focus oil change.
What kind of oil does a 2016 ford focus take?
2016 ford focus takes fully Synthetic base engine oil to increase the engine’s overall safety and performance. Ford also recommends using Motorcraft SAE 5w-20 synthetic base engine oil to meet the wss-m2c930-a Ford standard.
Does Ford Focus need synthetic oil?
Ford recommended using synthetic motor oil for the smooth operation of the car engine. Ford Focus needs synthetic oil because it provides improved lubrication and performance.
How much oil does a 2016 Ford Focus SE take?
Synthetic SAE 5W-20 oil is suggested for the 2016 Ford Focus SE. The S, SE, SEL, and Titanium all have a 2.0-litre engine and store 4.5 quarts of oil.
How do you check the transmission fluid on a 2016 Ford Focus?
To check the Ford Focus transmission fluid, start the engine and then lift the hood. Remove the gearbox dipstick by finding it and then removing it. Bring back the dipstick and let it sit for a while. The fluid’s temperature must be within the optimal range.
Maintenance for an automobile engine includes replacing the oil on a regular basis. Your 2016 Ford Focus engine oil must be high quality to produce optimal performance.
Here we introduced you to the two greatest brands that we have chosen from hundreds of others. We’ve done the hard work for you by providing you with the 2016 Ford Focus Oil Change guideline. To have a thorough understanding of everything and function according to it, you must read the user manual guide provided by the manufacturer.
- Delvac Vs Rotella Oil – Which Engine Oil Is Better
- Schaeffer Vs Amsoil Synthetic Oil – Which One Should You Choose?
- Is The Jeep Cherokee Frame or Unibody? Briefly Answered! - November 10, 2022
- Are Titan Wheel Spacers Good?: All You Need To Know! - November 9, 2022
- FCW Off Jeep: Is It Important for Your Car? - November 9, 2022